If You Love Beetroot, You'll Love this Twist on Classic Moutabal
This Levantine take on the original roasted eggplant dip, Moutabal, uses beetroot as its star ingredient, and it couldn't get any better! Lebanese/ Armenian restautrant, Al Mayass at Sofitel, Downtown Dubai, was kind enough to give us the lowdown on one of thier authentic Levantine appetizers.
- 200g Beetroot
15g Sesame Paste (Tahina)
1g Garlic (mashed)
3g Lemon Salt
- Boil the beetroot till well cooked.
- Transfer the boiled beetroot to a mixer.
- Mix it well and strain it from the water.
- Transfer the strained beetroot to a bowl, add the sesame paste, garlic and lemon salt, mix it all together till well combined.
- Serve it cold.
- Mediterranean/Middle Eastern
- Total Time
- 24 minutes, 59 seconds
Image Source: Al Mayyass Sofitel Hotel Downtown Dubai
If You Love Beetroot, You'll Love this Twist on Classic Moutabal originally posted on POPSUGAR Food