This Levantine take on the original roasted eggplant dip, Moutabal, uses beetroot as its star ingredient, and it couldn't get any better! Lebanese/ Armenian restautrant, Al Mayass at Sofitel, Downtown Dubai, was kind enough to give us the lowdown on one of thier authentic Levantine appetizers.
- 200g Beetroot
15g Sesame Paste (Tahina)
1g Garlic (mashed)
3g Lemon Salt
- Boil the beetroot till well cooked.
- Transfer the boiled beetroot to a mixer.
- Mix it well and strain it from the water.
- Transfer the strained beetroot to a bowl, add the sesame paste, garlic and lemon salt, mix it all together till well combined.
- Serve it cold.
- Mediterranean/Middle Eastern
- Total Time
- 24 minutes, 59 seconds