Kim Kardashian experienced her own (and everyone else's) worst nightmare on Sunday night when she was robbed and held at gunpoint in her Paris hotel room while in town for the Paris Fashion Week shows. Thankfully the reality star survived the incident unscathed, although the details that continue to emerge about what happened to her are each more disturbing than the last. Here is everything that you need to know about the situation thus far:
- Kanye West ends his concert early due to a "family emergency." The rapper was in the midst of performing at the Meadows Festival in Queens, NY, on Sunday night when he stopped singing and apologized to the audience that he had to cut his set short because of a family emergency, shocking the crowd.
- News leaks that the family emergency in question was Kim being robbed in Paris. At around 3 a.m. in Paris, Kim was held hostage and robbed at gunpoint in her luxury apartment at the No Address Hotel — a private mansion where her husband has owned a space since 2011 — where she had been staying all week. Although popular with celebrities like Jennifer Lawrence, the residence's only security measures are a receptionist at the door and "a nightman."
- Kim's representatives release a statement about the incident. "Kim Kardashian West was held up at gunpoint inside her Paris hotel room this evening by two armed masked men dressed as police officers," her reps told The Hollywood Reporter on Sunday. "She is badly shaken but physically unharmed."
- The French Interior Ministry speaks out. The security organization said that five men were involved; they wore ski-masks and forced the concierge to give them access to Kim's private apartment, where two of the men then entered. After the robbery, the attackers fled on bicycles, and according to Us Weekly, officials believe the robbery was committed by a "highly organized" gang.
- The Paris Prosecutor's office reveals how much Kim lost in the robbery. On the Today show, it was confirmed that the reality star's wedding ring (though not her engagement ring) and her jewelry box, worth over $10 million, were stolen. Two smartphones were also among the items lost.
- A source comes forward to shed chilling details about the nature of the robbery. According to one of E!'s sources, Kim was bound and gagged during the incident, before being handcuffed and threatened with a gun. "She begged for them to let her live and [said] she has babies at home. Then they wrapped her mouth in tape and put her in the bathtub," they said. "She thought they were for sure going to kill her."
- Kim leaves Paris aboard her private jet. TMZ reports that an understandably upset Kim left Paris in a hurry after what she called "the worst moment in my life."
- Kim lands safely in NYC. Though missing her wedding ring, the Keeping Up With the Kardashians star landed safely in NYC on Monday morning, where she was spotted walking into her apartment building in Manhattan with Kanye by her side. Upon landing, she reportedly traveled with a security-heavy entourage of 10 vehicles and 15-20 bodyguards.
- A source says Kim has been worried about this for a long time. "This was one of Kim's biggest fears," a source told People, adding that she was hysterical while relaying the details of what happened to Kanye. "She's always known the threats are out there, but for something to happen, it's almost unimaginable. It's going to take her a very long time to feel safe again."
- A suspect is called in for questioning while the apartment Kim was robbed in gets investigated by forensic officers. Us Weekly discovered that a photographer had been obsessively following the Kardashians around Paris Fashion Week days earlier, and was even able to get inside the restaurant they were dining in by dressing up as a policeman (the same method the thieves later used to gain access to her building). French police also have the residence surrounded, and are thoroughly investigating the space for traces to nail the perpetrators with the help of a forensic officer.
Check back here for any updates.