You'll Want Melissa McCarthy's Toy Boy in Her New Movie All For Yourself ... and We Don't Blame You
If you need a good laugh, go see Melissa McCarthy's new flick Life of the Party when it's to May 10, and if you need some serious eye candy, it's a good recommendation too.
The actress plays a mom who totally lives for her family when she's shocked to learn her husband has fallen in love with another woman and wants a divorce, she doesn't know what to do with herself. In order to reclaim her life, she goes back to college to finish that degree she gave up to be with her husband, but there's a catch, it's the same university her daughter just joined.
Along the way she meets an absolute cutey in the form of Jack – the perfect example that college boys can be sweet and the ultimate gents, too. Played by Luke Benward, we guarantee you'll want to know more about him after watching the film, so here goes.
- Born and raised in Nashville, Tennessee, his mother is an actress and his father is a musician. He tried music, dance and acting growing up. While he lives in Los Angeles now, he visits Nashville every year to see friends and family.
- At 6, he booked the role of Mel Gibson's son in We Were Soldiers, then went on to snag a part in the pilot Family Affair for Gavin Polone. He has appeared in films, including Because of Winn Dixie, How to Eat Fried Worms, and Dear John as well as Disney Channel Original Movies Minutemen, Cloud 9, and Girl Vs. Monster.
- This year he also stars in the independent film Measure of a Man, alongside Luke Wilson, Donald Sutherland, Liana Liberato and Blake Cooper. In this coming of age story, he plays Pete Marino, "the town heartthrob who everyone loves, and mentor to an overweight, bullied teen", played by Cooper.
- He recently wrapped filming on Dumplin with Jennifer Aniston, Danielle Macdonald and Odeya Rush. It's a topical film dealing with the insecurities of body image from a female perspective. He plays the love interest of the lead (Macdonald) and encourages her to see how beautiful she is both on the inside and out.
- He loves sports, especially basketball and football, and recently started learning golf. He also enjoys writing and playing video games.
- He's big on charity, supporting Saving Innocence (founded by a friend of his family), Thirst Project, and the TJ Martell Foundation.