- Queen Elizabeth II married her third cousin — she and Prince Philip shared the same great-great-grandparents, Queen Victoria and Prince Albert, who were first cousins themselves.
- She became queen while she was in Kenya for a royal tour. There, the 25-year-old princess learned that her father had died, thus becoming queen.
- Queen Elizabeth II isn't legally required to own a driving license — or a passport!
- Although Prince Charles's marriage to his longtime mistress Camilla made for a tricky situation, the queen showed her support, toasting to the couple at their wedding reception, saying, "Having cleared Becher's Brook and the Chair [tough racing obstacles], the happy couple are now in the winners' enclosure."
- She texts her grandkids like a true modern monarch.