This dress left me feeling a little like Goldilocks. It was too tight to wear to work but felt a little too formal for a night on the town. Maybe it was meant specifically for office parties? Anyways, it was a little too formfitting for me to be totally comfortable wearing it in public.
- Milly Knit Body-Con Dress ($355)
The experience was overall a positive, but there are a few things I've learned, lessons that will come in handy for anyone considering Trunk Club or a similar service.
- It's highly unlikely that you'll keep everything. I went in to the experience planning to hold on to the entire box, but in reality it was a pick and choose situation.
- Letting a stranger shop for you is less scary than you believe. Chelsea easily chose pieces I could incorporate into my wardrobe and mix and match with what I already own.
- This service was truly painless; a box appeared at my door and I had 10 days to decide what to keep or return. There were no dusty dressing rooms, long lines, or cleared-out shelves to sort through. And if something wasn't the right fit, there was no hassle to return it, it simply went back in the box and was on its way.
- Trying a service like this may actually introduce you to something you wouldn't normally wear. A few pieces – like the dresses — were items I wouldn't have picked out myself, but they ended up winning me over!