Ben & Jerry's has heard the collective cry for lighter ice creams and came out swinging with its Moo-phoria collection. Three delicious flavors have hit shelves for under five bucks a pint: PB Dough (a fudgy ice cream with peanut-butter-flavored dough), Chocolate Milk & Cookies (chocolate and vanilla ice cream swirled together with mini chocolate chip cookies throughout), and Caramel Cookie Fix (vanilla ice cream with shortbread cookie gobs and salted caramel swirl).
B&J took out 60-70 percent of the fat from its classic pint formula and subtracted about 65 percent of the calories to create this lightened-up collection. While it's still roughly about double the calories of Halo Top (depending on the flavor, of course), we consider it a fine compromise if you're looking to cut back but still indulge. Here's how each flavor fared in our taste test (spoiler: we loved all three).
Chocolate Milk & Cookies
Calories per 1/2 cup serving: 140
- Great cookie chunks.
- Good mix, but not my fave combo.
- Yum! The chocolate & vanilla combo with chocolate cookies wins my heart.
- Milk and cookies is my fave regular B&J and this is delish, too! Not the same, but I'd take it.
- My taste buds are dancing.
- Wow I just got an entire cookie. I'm screaming.
- Wow. So yum.
Caramel Cookie Fix
Calories per 1/2 cup serving: 150
- Caramel fro-yo tasting!
- THIS IS AMAZING.
- I LOVE CARAMEL.
- Feels nice and light while also tasting rich and creamy.
- The caramel swirl is so yummy but I don't love the ice cream itself.
- Bore, snore, too vanilla.
- Cookies in this too??? WOW.
Calories per 1/2 cup serving: 160
- The cookie dough chunks are SO yummy but there is a bit of an aftertaste.
- Wow! One of my fave low-cal ice creams ever.
- Got some yummy flavor right there!
- I don't think this has an aftertaste. It's kind of like Reese's Puffs in ice cream form! Love it!
- Mega chocolatey!! Dis my ish.
- Super chocolatey and delicious.
- SO chocolatey.