- ½ tablespoon refined coconut oil or vegetable oil
1.5 tablespoons unsalted, raw cashews
1/2 teaspoon fresh lemon juice
3 tablespoons nutritional yeast
1 teaspoon soy sauce
1/3 teaspoon Dijon mustard
1/2 garlic clove
1/4 bunch curly kale, stems removed and broken up into 2-inch pieces
- Preheat oven to 200ºF. Line 2 baking sheets with parchment paper.
- In a food processor, grind coconut oil and cashews together until mixture resembles peanut butter. Add and process all remaining ingredients except for kale.
- In a large, clean, and dry bowl, combine cheesy mixture with kale. With your fingers, rub cheese mixture into kale leaves until each piece is thoroughly coated.
- Bake for 1 hour or until kale is dry and crisp; there should be no moistness. If a few larger pieces are not cooked thoroughly, return the undercooked pieces to the oven for another 20 minutes, or until they are dry. Store kale chips in an airtight container for up to 3 days.
Protein: 7.98 g
Carbohydrate: 11.8 g
Dietary Fiber: 3.3 g
Total Sugars: .629 g
Total Fat: 10.6 g
Saturated Fat: 5.595 g