- 2 medium organic bananas
1/2 tablespoons organic creamy unsalted peanut butter
1/4 organic vanilla bean, seeds scraped out
2 ounces organic 74% dark chocolate
1/2 tablespoon organic filtered coconut oil
1/8 teaspoon instant espresso powder
1/2 ounces peanuts, chopped
1/2 ounces dark chocolate covered cacao nibs
- Peel and slice the bananas and place on a sheet tray lined with wax paper. Freeze for at least two hours. Place the frozen bananas, peanut butter, and scraped vanilla seeds in the food processor.
- Blend until mixture is smooth. You will need to stop the food processor a few times to scrape down the sides to ensure a creamy consistency.
- Divide the ice cream evenly into the 4 popsicle molds. Tap the mold a few times on the counter to eliminate any air bubbles. Place one popsicle stick in the center of each mold. Freeze for at least 2 hours.
- Just before taking the popsicles out of the freezer, place a glass bowl over a pot of simmering water. Add the 2 ounces of chocolate, coconut oil, espresso powder, and a pinch of sea salt to the bowl. Using a small spatula, stir the mixture until the chocolate has melted and is shiny and smooth.
- Take the popsicles out of the fridge. Hold each mold in your hands for a few seconds to help release the ice cream from the mold. Gently slide a kitchen knife into the mold to help release the ice cream, then pull the popsicle out. Using a spoon pour the chocolate sauce over half the popsicle. While chocolate is still soft, sprinkle a teaspoon of chopped peanuts or cacao nibs on each popsicle. Yum!
- Desserts, Ice cream
- Serves 4