- 1/2 medium eggplant
2 tbsp. olive oil
1 1/2 tbsp. tamari
1 tbsp. vegetarian worcestershire
1 tbsp. maple syrup
2 tsp. liquid smoke
1 tsp. smoked paprika
Pinch sea salt
Pinch garlic powder
1/2 tsp. freshly cracked black pepper, plus more for topping
- Preheat oven to 225ºF.
- Line a large baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Slice an eggplant in half lengthwise and set one half aside. Cut the remaining eggplant in half lengthwise once more so you have two long, skinny pieces.
- Slice into 1/8-inch-thick strips and set aside.
- Combine oil, tamari, worcestershire sauce, maple syrup, liquid smoke, paprika, sea salt, garlic powder, and black pepper in a small mixing bowl.
- Use a brush to coat both sides of the eggplant slices with sauce. Arrange in a single layer on the parchment-lined baking sheet and sprinkle with more black pepper.
- Bake for 20-30 minutes or until the eggplant is deep red in color, appears dry, and is slightly crispy. If needed, increase heat to 250ºF at the end if not crisping up.
- Remove from the oven and let cool slightly. It will crisp up the more it cools.
- Eat immediately.
- 14 slices
- Total Time
- 39 minutes, 59 seconds
- Calories per serving
Image Source: POPSUGAR Photography / Jamie Mieuli