- For the brownie:
2 tablespoons organic flaxseed meal mixed with 4 tablespoons water
4 ounces avocado
4 ounces vegan dark chocolate chips
1/4 cup organic cocoa powder
1/2 cup organic coconut sugar
1 teaspoon organic orange zest
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
2 tablespoons organic unsweetened applesauce
1/2 cup blanched almond flour
1 cup organic coconut flour
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
1 teaspoon baking powder
1/4 teaspoon sea salt
1/4-1/2 cup chopped raw walnuts
- For the chocolate frosting:
2 ounces vegan dark chocolate chips
1 teaspoon organic triple-filtered coconut oil
- Preheat the oven to 350°F.
- Line an 8"x8" baking pan with parchment paper and spray with coconut oil.
- In a small bowl, mix the flax eggs and set aside for 5 minutes. Melt chocolate chips over a double boiler.
- Add the avocado, melted chocolate, cocoa powder, coconut sugar, orange zest, vanilla extract, and applesauce to a food processor, and mix until the mixture is creamy with no lumps. You will need to stop the machine and scrape down the sides a few times. Add the almond flour, coconut flour, baking soda, baking powder, and salt to the mixture, and process again until smooth.
- Pour the batter evenly into the baking pan and smooth the top with an offset spatula. Sprinkle the raw walnuts on top of the batter and press down slightly.
- Bake for 35 to 40 minutes. Remove from the oven, and allow the brownie to cool completely.
- While the brownie is cooling, make the chocolate frosting. Melt chocolate and coconut oil over a double boiler. Once the brownie has cooled, cover with the chocolate sauce.
- Slice and serve this decadent chocolate brownie, and enjoy!
- 9 to 12 brownies