- 1 1/4 cups semisweet or dark chocolate chips
1 (19-ounce) can garbanzo beans, rinsed and drained
1/2 cup white sugar
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1/4 teaspoon cinnamon
1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
- Add chocolate chips to a microwave safe bowl. Microwave for 2 minutes, stirring every 20 seconds after the first minute.
- Grease and flour a 9-inch square baking pan. Place the chocolate chips into a microwave-safe bowl. Cook in the microwave for about 2 minutes, stirring every 20 seconds after the first minute, until chocolate is melted and smooth. If you have a powerful microwave, reduce the power to 50 percent.
- Combine the beans, eggs, and vanilla in the bowl of a food processor. Process until smooth.
- Add the sugar, baking powder, and cinnamon and pulse to blend. Pour in the melted chocolate and blend until smooth, scraping down the corners to make sure chocolate is completely mixed.
- Transfer the batter to the prepared pan. Bake for 40 minutes in the preheated oven, or until a knife inserted into the center of the brownies comes out clean. Cool in the pan on a wire rack for 10 to 15 minutes before inverting onto a serving plate.
- Cut into 12 pieces and wrap up individual pieces in plastic wrap to freeze leftovers.
Nutrition Information: Serving size: 1 slice; Calories 160; Fat 6g; Protein 5g; Cholesterol 70mg; Sodium 180mg; Fiber 3g; Carbohydrate 24g
- Desserts, Brownies