Turn your favorite Christmas cookies into a delicious protein bar with this easy recipe!
- For the cookie:
1 cup gluten-free oat flour
2 tablespoons coconut flour
3 tablespoons vanilla protein powder
1/4 cup salted cashew butter
1/4 cup maple syrup
1 tablespoon triple-filtered coconut oil
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1/4 teaspoon almond extract
- For the frosting:
3 tablespoons coconut butter, melted
1 tablespoon maple syrup
3 tablespoons unsweetened vanilla almond milk
- In a small saucepan on low heat, melt together the cashew butter, maple syrup, and coconut oil.
- While the wet ingredients are melting, add the oat flour, coconut flour, and protein powder into a mixing bowl and whisk to combine.
- Once the wet ingredients have melted, mix in the extracts.
- Add the wet ingredients into the dry and mix until the mixture forms a dough.
- Roll out the dough between two sheets of wax paper to a 1/4-inch thickness.
- Cut out your cookie shapes and transfer to the freezer for 20 minutes.
- While the cookies are freezing, mix together the frosting ingredients and transfer to a piping bag.
- Pipe the frosting onto each cookie and return to the freezer to set. Serve frozen.
- 12 protein cookies
- Total Time
- 59 minutes, 59 seconds
Image Source: POPSUGAR Photography / Kyle Hartman