Push-Up and Rotate
This 1 Push-Up Variation Is the Ultimate Move to Sculpt Your Arms and Abs
While regular push-ups with your legs straight are challenging enough, if you really want to get stronger and build muscle in your upper back, arms, and core, this variation is a must do. Grab a pair of medium-weight dumbbells and add this push-up to your routine.
- Begin balancing in plank position, shoulders stacked over the wrists, with a dumbbell on the floor in each hand.
- Lower your body toward the floor and then push through your arms, returning to plank.
- Holding the dumbbell, twist to the left, reaching your left arm to the ceiling without letting your pelvis rise or lower.
- Return to plank position, bringing the dumbbell back to the floor, and perform another push-up. When returning to plank, twist to the right and reach your right arm to the ceiling.
- Return back to plank position, returning the dumbbell to the floor. This completes one rep.
Image Source: POPSUGAR Studios