- 2 tablespoons olive oil, divided
4 medium carrots, chopped into 3/4-inch pieces
1 red pepper, cut into 3/4-inch pieces
1 medium yellow onion, quartered
3/4 of 1 bulb fennel, sliced into 1/2-inch thick slices (chop and reserve the other 1/4 for later in the week)
1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
1/4 teaspoon black pepper
8 ounces salmon, skin on or off
2 teaspoons maple syrup
2 teaspoons dijon mustard
1 1/3 cups uncooked quinoa
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Add veggies to a large baking sheet or pan.
- In a small bowl, mix olive oil salt, pepper, and any additional dried herbs of choice.
- Drizzle olive oil and seasoning mixture evenly over vegetables, then toss to make sure all vegetables are coated well. Space vegetables evenly on the baking sheet.
- Roast vegetables for 20-25 minutes, or until soft and golden in color, tossing once halfway through cooking time.
- While vegetables are cooking, prepare quinoa according to package directions.
- While quinoa is cooking, mix the maple syrup and mustard together in a small bowl. Brush the mixture evenly over the top of the salmon filet. Bake for 6 minutes in the 400 degree oven. Then broil on high for an additional 2 minutes, or until fish is flaky and cooked through.
Nutrition per serving (4 ounces salmon, 1.5 cups vegetables, 3/4 cup quinoa)
Protein: 32.6 g
Carbohydrate: 55.2 g
Dietary Fiber: 8.662 g
Total Sugars: 9.331 g
Total Fat: 17.9 g
Saturated Fat: 2.511 g
- Main Dishes
- Makes 2 servings salmon, 4 servings quinoa, 3 servings vegetables