- For the salad:
1/2 red pepper, julienned
3 petite carrots, quartered lengthwise
1/4 acorn squash, sliced thin
1/2 yellow squash, sliced into rounds
1/2 zucchini, sliced into rounds
1/4 red onion, large dice
4 sprigs thyme
1 teaspoon coconut oil
1 boneless chicken breast, butterflied
1/4 teaspoon pepper
4 cups spinach
2 tablespoons pumpkin seeds
- For the dressing:
2 tablespoons nonfat plain greek yogurt
1/2 lemon, juiced
1 teaspoon lemon zest
1/4 teaspoon olive oil
1/4 teaspoon chives, chopped
1/8 teaspoon turmeric
1/8 teaspoon cayenne pepper
1 tablespoon water
- Preheat oven to 400°F and line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Cut vegetables into similar-sized thickness and lay vegetables out on baking sheet. Break up thyme and sprinkle on top of the vegetables. Roast vegetables for 35 minutes until soft and cooked through.
- While the vegetables are cooking, heat up a skillet over medium heat and add coconut oil. Slice chicken breast in half lengthwise and season lightly with pepper. Cook chicken breast for 4 to 5 minutes on each side or until the internal temperature reaches 165°F. Remove from heat and let cool. Cut chicken in half and slice.
- To make dressing: Mix together yogurt, lemon juice, lemon zest, olive oil, chives, turmeric, cayenne, and water until thin enough to pour. If it's a little thick, add a touch more water, 1/4 teaspoon at a time.
- Assemble 2 plates with spinach, top with roasted vegetables, 4 ounces of chicken, and a sprinkle of pumpkin seeds. Drizzle with dressing and enjoy!
- Main Dishes