Self-Care Ideas Using Mason Jar
How to Use a Mason Jar to Make You Feel Happy and Stress-Free
You made a promise to do more self-care, but you've had a hard time following through. Making time for you won't happen unless you carve out the time. And guess what, you can use a mason jar to make it happen (so very Pinterest of you!).
Cut out strips of paper and write down all your favorite self-care ideas. Then you decide how you want to play this little self-care game. Start a new routine where you choose one every day, choose one a week, or maybe three on a weekend. Do it in a way that feels fun and easy. Here are some ideas you can write down. (Note: I color-coded the paper so white means you can do it at home and pink means you have to do it somewhere else).
- Read under a blanket on the couch.
- Get a pedicure (or do it yourself).
- Do a face mask.
- Call a friend.
- Spend time outside.
- Watch a funny movie with a big bowl of popcorn.
- Clean or declutter a room.
- Take yourself on a date.
- Do something crafty.
- Create a delicious, nourishing meal.
- Meet an old friend for coffee.
- Go grocery shopping for healthy food.
- Take a long bubble bath.
- Sit in the sauna or hot tub.
- Bake or cook a special recipe.
- Write down your goals and what you're thankful for in a journal.
- Do some yoga and deep breathing.
- Have an orgasm.
- Do a body scrub.
- Make that doctor's appointment you've been putting off.
- Spend time snuggling with a pet or loved one.
- Plan out your workouts for the week.
- Pay your bills.
- Take time to meal prep.
- Get a massage.
- Listen to music, play an instrument, or sing.
- Get sweaty.