- 1 slice of sprouted grain bread
1 teaspoons olive oil
1/2 cup chopped onion
1 clove garlic
1 pound lean ground turkey (94% lean)
3/4 cup chopped spinach
2 tablespoons ketchup, divided
2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
2 tablespoons chopped fresh basil
3/4 teaspoon kosher salt
3/4 teaspoon black pepper
2 teaspoons maple syrup
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- In a small food processor or blender, ground bread into coarse bread crumbs. Spread crumbs out a baking sheet lined with foil. Bake for approximately 5 minutes, or until bread crumbs are golden and lightly toasted.
- Heat oil in a medium skillet. Sauté onions until softened, about 5 minutes. Add garlic during the last minute, or until fragrant.
- Mix ground turkey with onions, garlic, egg, spinach, ketchup, parsley, basil, salt, and pepper in a bowl.
- Place turkey mixture in a loaf pan and bake for 50 minutes or until loaf is cooked to an internal temperature of 165 degrees. 10 minutes before cooking is finished, brush the top of the loaf with 1 tablespoon ketchup mixed with the maple syrup.
- Serve with 1 medium baked potato drizzled with 1 teaspoon olive oil and salt and pepper to taste, and 1.5 cup steamed broccoli tossed with lemon juice.
Protein: 36 g
Carbohydrate: 51.6 g
Dietary Fiber: 6.646 g
Total Sugars: 8.364 g
Total Fat: 19.4 g
Saturated Fat: 4.395 g
- Main Dishes
- Makes 4 servings