- Coconut bars
1 1/2 cups unsweetened coconut flakes
1 cup unsweetened coconut, shredded
2 tablespoons coconut oil, melted
1/2 cup coconut cream
1 pinch salt
- Chocolate layer
2 cups vegan semisweet chocolate chips
1 tablespoon coconut oil
1 pinch salt
- Chocolate drizzle
1 teaspoon coconut oil (added to what's left in melted chocolate bowl)
- Add all coconut bar ingredients to a food processor and lightly pulse until combined, about 1 minute.
- Pour coconut bar mixture into a wax-paper-lined 8-by-8-inch pan, and put in the freezer for 10 minutes.
- Remove pan from freezer, cut into 10 bars, and return bars to the freezer for 10 minutes while you prepare the chocolate dip.
- Add vegan semisweet chocolate chips, coconut oil, and salt to a medium bowl, microwave for 20 seconds, remove from microwave, stir, and repeat until chocolate dip is smooth (about 3 times).
- Pour chocolate dip onto a medium plate and smooth with spatula until you have about a 1/2-inch-thick layer of chocolate.
- Dip each bar into the chocolate sauce, remove from chocolate using a butter knife, and gently place on wax-paper-lined cutting board or counter.
- Dip each almond in the chocolate and stick it onto each bar, and repeat till each bar has 3 almonds.
- Using a spatula, scrape all of the leftover chocolate dip from the plate into a medium bowl, and add in coconut oil.
- Microwave chocolate and coconut oil for 20 seconds, and stir until well-combined.
- Drizzle chocolate over bars with a fork, and chill in the fridge for 10 minutes before serving.
Tips and Tricks
- To make Almond Joy bars with really clean edges, use a knife to re-form edges after you cut the bars.
- Coconut cream contains heart-healthy saturated fats that help lower blood pressure and cholesterol.
- Desserts, Chocolate
- 10 bars
- Total Time
- 29 minutes, 59 seconds