- 2 tablespoons flax meal
1/4 cup hot water
1 cup gluten-free, all-purpose flour
1/2 cup gluten-free oats
1/2 cup cocoa powder
1 teaspoon baking powder
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
3 ripe bananas
1 ripe avocado
1 cup coconut sugar
1 teaspoon vanilla
3/4 cup vegan chocolate chips, divided
Nonstick baking spray
- Preheat oven to 350ºF.
- Combine flax meal and hot water in a small bowl, and set aside.
- Place flour, oats, cocoa powder, baking powder, salt, and cinnamon in a food processor, and process on high until fully blended and oats are the consistency of a coarse flour. Transfer to a large mixing bowl.
- Place bananas, avocado, coconut sugar, and vanilla in processor, and puree until smooth.
- Add wet ingredients and flax “egg” to dry ingredients, and stir until thoroughly combined. Stir in 1/2 cup of the chocolate chips, and pour batter into a 1 1/2 quart loaf pan that has been sprayed with nonstick baking spray. Sprinkle remaining 1/4 cup of chocolate chips on top of batter.
- Bake for 60 to 70 minutes until a toothpick inserted into the center of loaf comes out clean. Allow to cool completely before slicing into eight pieces.
- 8 servings
- Total Time
- 1 hour, 29 minutes, 59 seconds