- For the crust:
1 1/2 cups pitted medjool dates
1 cup roasted almonds
1 cup toasted pecans
1 teaspoon sea salt
- For the filling:
4 large, ripe avocados, peeled and pitted
1 1/2 cups coconut cream
1 1/4 cups unsweetened cocoa powder
1 cup 100% pure maple syrup
1 1/2 teaspoons pure vanilla extract
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/8 teaspoon nutmeg
Nondairy whipped cream, for garnish
- For the crust: In a food processor, combine all the ingredients and pulse until the mix clumps together easily. Transfer to a springform pan and press until uniformly flat and it comes up the edges by an inch or three-quarters of an inch, making a crust. Cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate or set on a counter until the filling is ready.
- For the filling: Combine all the ingredients in a blender and blend until completely smooth. Pour the filling over the crust and spread to smooth.
- Freeze for 2-3 hours to set up.
- Garnish with nondairy whipped topping and fresh slices of avocado, if desired.
- 6-8 servings
- Total Time
- 2 hours, 59 minutes, 59 seconds