Here's a classic yoga pose that allows you to control how much you stretch the back of your neck by how high the hips are lifted.
- Begin lying flat on your back with your arms along the sides of your body, with your palms facing down.
- Bend your knees and place your feet flat on the floor. Walk your heels as close as you can to your bum, keeping them hip-width apart. Make sure both feet are parallel.
- With your palms and feet pressing firmly into the ground, lift your hips off the floor.
- Stay here, or clasp your hands together below your pelvis, extending through your arms. Rock your weight from side to side to bring the shoulder blades closer together.
- Stay here for 30 seconds, continuing to lift the hips high.
- To release this stretch, gently lower your booty back to the ground. Then stretch through your lower back by hugging your knees into your chest.