- Get everything ready the night before, including your outfit, headphones, gym bag, and yoga mat — whatever you need.
- On Sunday night, plan out the week's workouts. Make fitness dates, find the yoga class that fits your schedule, and print out a new strength-training workout. Once they're planned out, write them down to make them official appointments you cannot skip.
- Keep a fitness journal or calendar, and write down every workout you do, so you can look back and see how far you've come. Or if you've been skipping workouts, seeing blank pages will help motivate you to get back on the fitness train.
- Make a morning motivation jar to inspire a little fitness when you hop out of bed.
- Pay for gym memberships or personal-training sessions ahead of time so you're more likely to follow through.
- Have workout-only music, books on tape, and Netflix shows you watch. If you're binge-watching last season's Orange Is the New Black, you'll be psyched to get back on the treadmill to catch the next episode.
- Post your fitness life to social media, whether it's sweaty workout selfies, gym rants, or a pic of some new gear. Comments from friends and family are sure to encourage you to stay on the fit path.
- Write motivational quotes on sticky notes and put them anywhere you need them — on your bathroom mirror, on the fridge, in your car, or on your computer monitor.
- Leave workout gear around your house, such as dumbbells by the TV or an unrolled yoga mat on the floor of your bedroom, for in-your-face reminders to fit in a little fitness whenever you can.
- Sign up for a race. Having to follow a training schedule will give you the push you need to get in a workout.
- Not into racing? Look deep to find a meaningful personal goal that alone will keep you motivated to work out.
- Monitor your workouts with a fitness tracker (like a Fitbit), a basic pedometer, or a fitness app (like Nike+). They can help nudge you when you're on the fence about working out, and they can also push you to work out harder.
- Put a dollar in a jar every time you work out and at the end of the month, reward yourself with a healthy surprise.