When Eating Out
- Check out menus online before heading out so you have a few healthy options in mind.
- Choose menu items that are grilled, baked, blackened, steamed, or broiled instead of fried or breaded.
- Eat a little something before heading out, like a handful of almonds, so you don't arrive at the restaurant famished.
- Always start your meal with a salad. It'll fill you up, making you eat less of the actual meal, and it's way fewer calories than typical deep-fried or cheesy apps.
- Ask for all dressings, condiments, and sauces on the side.
- Opt for the baked potato instead of french fries, and yes, eat the skin!
- Ask for your entrée to be served on a bed of greens rather than a bed of pasta or mashed potatoes.
- For wine-lovers, order one glass instead of splitting a bottle.
- Before your entrée arrives, ask the waitperson to bring you a to-go container so you can package half to save for later.
- You don't have to skip dessert. Order one and split it with your dinner partner.