"Deadlifting is one of my favorite ways to get my aggression out," he said. "There is something badass about picking up something heavy and putting it back down. Make sure your technique is solid when performing the deadlift." Here are Chris's tips:
- Keep your back straight and core tight
- Sit back on your heels, and drive through your heels while pulling the bar up to a standing position
- Squeeze your glutes at the top
- Lower the weight the same way you lifted it up
- To ensure the right muscles are doing the work, make sure the bar is grazing your legs the whole way up
Finding a challenging weight for 3-4 sets of 6-8 reps is perfect for building strength as well as muscle.