Reps: 10 reps, each side.
Work your arms, shoulders, and core with this push-up variation:
- Come into a plank position with your legs straight and forearms resting on your mat. Your feet should be hip-width distance apart. Draw your navel toward your spine to engage your core and to avoid straining your lower back.
- Keeping your torso parallel to the floor, plant your right palm on the mat as you raise your body, so your right arm is straight.
- Repeat with left arm, so you're now in a straight-arm plank.
- Now, move your right forearm back onto the mat and then the left, lowering yourself back down into elbow-plank position. Try to avoid swaying the torso from side to side.
- Alternate which elbow you lower first, doing as many reps as you can for 30 seconds