Squat With Overhead Press
- Stand with your feet hip distance apart with a dumbbell at each foot.
- Squat down, and grab the right dumbbell with your right hand.
- Breathe out as you stand up, pressing the dumbbell into an overhead press.
- Inhale to lower your right arm, squatting down, and returning the dumbbell to the floor.
- Stay low, and grab the dumbbell on the other side with your left hand.
- Exhale as you rise up, pressing your left hand overhead.
- Inhale to squat, and release the dumbbell back to the floor.
- This counts as one rep. This movement should be fluid, focusing on correct squat form by keeping the thighs parallel and your bodyweight back into the heels.
- Aim to complete eight to 12 reps total.
If this is easy, perform the advanced version known as the dumbbell power snatch instead.