Why I do it: I crave a good wrist stretch after front and back squats and this also stretches the shoulders, perfect for getting better at my overhead squat.
- Sit on the floor with your legs extended straight out in front of you.
- Place your palms behind your hips about six to eight inches away, with your fingers pointing away from your body.
- Keep your hips firmly grounded as you gently press your chest and abs forward. To increase the stretch, lower your head behind you.
- Flex the feet and hold for 30 seconds.
- Then I like to turn my hands so my fingertips are pointing in, and hold for another 30.