Dumbbell (Kettlebell) Swing
- Stand with your legs shoulder-width distance apart and toes pointed slightly outward, holding the dumbbell (or a kettlebell if you have it) in both hands.
- Bend the knees slightly, pushing the hips back, lowering the weight between your legs with the forearms pressing against the inner thighs. Keep your chest open with your shoulder blades sliding down your back.
- Forcefully squeeze your glutes and drive your heels down to thrust the weight forward as you straighten your legs. All the work is done by the lower body and core in this exercise, and your arms will naturally swing forward to around chest height or above your head.
- Allow the weight to fall between your legs, bending your knees, ready for the next rep.
- Do as many swings as you can for 30 seconds.