This is an advanced exercise only people proficient in backbends should do.
- Lie on your back. Bend your knees and place your feet flat on the ground, hips-width distance apart. Keep your heels as close to your butt as possible.
- Bend your elbows and place your palms flat on the ground above your shoulders, fingertips facing your feet.
- Inhale, press into your palms and lift your head and shoulders off the ground, placing the crown of your head on the mat. Check to make sure your hands and feet are parallel.
- Take a deep inhale as you straighten your arms and lift your head off the ground, coming into a backbend. Try to walk your hands and feet a little closer together — this will make it easier to do push-ups in this position.
- As you exhale, bend your elbows and lower the top of your head toward the floor, stopping before it touches. Then inhale to straighten your arms, coming back into the wheel position to complete one rep.