- Begin with your feet hip distance apart, knees slightly bent. Bend at your knees and waist to lower into a squat position until your hands touch the ground. Your knees should be just behind your elbows.
- Plant your hands firmly on the ground, shoulder width apart, and lean forward. Choose a point of focus to balance yourself.
- Shift your body weight into your hands; using the balls of your feet and with momentum, kick your heels up toward the ceiling, keeping your knees bent. Make sure to keep your neck neutral, and your core tight (pull your rib cage in to maintain control).
- Balance with your hips directly over your shoulders, keeping your knees bent, spine neutral, and core tight.
- Bring your feet back to the floor, then shift the weight back into your hands and arms when you're ready to repeat this motion.