90/90 Hamstring Stretch
- Begin lying in a supine position on your back.
- Fully extend your left leg on the floor. Raise the right leg up to a 90-degree angle in your hip joint (or as far as you can go), and bend your right knee so that it also makes a 90-degree angle.
- Straighten your bent right knee as far as it can go with control. You don't want other parts of your body to move.
- This stretch should be felt in the hamstring of your right leg.
- Hold for one to two seconds. This completes one rep.
- Repeat for 10 reps, then repeat on the left leg.
Tension created by the posterior pull on the pelvis due to tight hamstrings commonly causes pressure in the lower back. Rick said this stretch may alleviate that pressure.