- Hold a dumbbell in your right hand — 10 pounds is a good starting point — and place your left knee and left hand on a bench. Your hand should be underneath your shoulder and your knee should be underneath your hip. Your spine and head should be in a neutral position.
- Engage your core, relax your shoulders, and extend your right arm towards the floor. Do not rotate your torso or let your shoulder lower towards the floor.
- On an exhale, pull the dumbbell up with control, driving your elbow towards the ceiling. Do not rotate your torso.
- On an inhale, lower the dumbbell back down to the starting position. This completes one rep.
- Complete three sets of 10 reps on each arm.
- Take no more than 60 seconds of rest in between each set.