During week two, you'll be introduced to a few new exercises and the volume (the amount of sets and reps) will increase slightly.
- Glute bridge: two sets of 10 reps
- Lateral band walk: two sets of 10 reps, each direction
- Goblet squat: three sets of 12 reps
- Hamstring curl: three sets of 10 reps
- Reverse lunge with twist: three sets of 12 reps
- Romanian deadlift: three sets of 10 reps
- Plank walkout: two sets of 10 reps
- Plank with lateral arm reach: two sets of 10 reps, each side
- Bicep curl and overhead press: three sets of 12 reps
- Triceps extension: three sets of 12 reps
- Plank with shoulder tap: three sets of 10 reps
You've been working hard and now it's time to give your muscles some TLC. Stretch/foam roll and get ready for tomorrow.
It's time to cross-train, again. This week, you'll be doing sprints. You can do them outside on a field or a track, or inside on the treadmill. If you're running outside, do eight 100-meter sprints (around 80-85 percent of your fastest sprint) and take one minute of rest in between each sprint.
If you're on the treadmill, complete eight 30-second sprints, taking one minute of rest in between sprints. The speed will vary person to person; try sprinting between 6 and 9 mph, but ultimately, find a speed that challenges you.
- Clamshell: two sets of 10 reps
- Plank with knee tap: two sets of 10 reps
- Side plank leg lift: two sets of 10 reps
- Bent-over row: three sets of 12 reps
- Bent-over reverse fly: four sets of 10 reps
Friday and Saturday
Take these two days to rest and recover. If you're feeling sore, foam roll, stretch, and continue to move your body.