Seated Spinal Twist
Release your cramped back muscles with this gentle twist. Once you complete this pose, unwind and return to Downward-Facing Dog. From there, go on to Three-Legged Dog and repeat the sequence until you've done everything on the opposite leg.
- From Pigeon, sit up and swing your back leg forward, bending it on the ground so that your heel is as close to your front sit bone as possible. The knee that was stretched out behind you in Pigeon should now be bent on the ground.
- Cross your top foot so that your outer ankle is right next to your bottom knee.
- Reach your top arm behind you with your palm on the floor. Cross your opposite elbow over your outer top thigh to gently increase the twist.
- Gaze behind you and over your shoulder, staying here for 10-20 seconds.
- Gently unwind and return to Downward-Facing Dog. Repeat the last six postures on your other side, beginning with Three-Legged Dog.