How to Do a Hardstyle Plank
- Get into an elbow plank position, with your elbows directly under your shoulders.
- Face the palms of your hands inwards with fists clenched. Keep your feet together.
- Brace your abs as though expecting a punch in the stomach.
- Squeeze your glutes like you're pinching a coin between them. Tighten your quads as though pulling up your kneecaps.
- Once in the position, you can ask a friend to try to nudge you in different directions to test your tension and stability.
- Hold for 10 to 30 seconds, remembering to breathe and keep your muscles engaged the whole time.
To make this plank into a quick core workout, Lisa recommended holding the plank for 10 seconds, then resting for five. Repeat for six rounds.