Low Crescent Lunge
Lengthen the front of your hip flexor and relieve the tension of sitting all day with this low lunge variation. "This shape is so amazing for the entire lower half of your body and counteracts the damage of daily life, including easing Sciatica pain," said Kathleen.
- From Standing Forward Fold, step your right foot back, and lower your right knee to the floor. Keep your left knee directly over your ankle.
- Inhale to raise the arms up, sinking the pelvis toward the floor to intensify the stretch in the hips. Look up to intensify the stretch, and open your chest. You can also hold the pose with your hands on your knees.
- If lifting your arms is too much, place your hands on the ground on either side of your front foot or rest them on your knee.
- Hold for 30 seconds.
- Come out of the pose by curling your right toes under, placing your hands on the ground.
- Come into a plank position, then walk back into Standing Forward Fold.
- Repeat with your left leg.