- Stand with your feet slightly wider than the hips.
- Bend your knees and lower your hips down toward the ground. If your heels don't touch the ground, roll up a towel or the back of your mat and place it under your heels for support. Also, widening your stance might make this pose feel easier.
- Rest your hands on the floor for support or bring your palms together at your heart center and firmly press your elbows against the inside of your knees. This will help to open your hips even further.
- Work on shifting weight into your heels and lengthening the crown of your head up toward the ceiling.
- Hold this pose for five deep breaths.