"If you're looking to lose weight, burpees are a MUST!" said NASM-certified trainer Melissa Walsh of Limitless Health and Fitness. "The fast paced movement will get your heart rate up and help you to burn more calories during your session." Be sure to modify your burpees to fit your fitness level; no matter what variation you choose, you'll be working your muscles.
- Lower into a crouching squat with your hands on the floor.
- Jump your feet back into a plank position, engaging your core and landing lightly.
- Do one basic push-up, bending the elbows and then straightening back to plank.
- Jump the feet forward to the hands, once again engaging your core and aiming to land quietly. Come into a squat.
- Do an explosive jump straight up, pushing off the balls of your feet, swinging your arms up, and getting as much height as you can.
- Land softly to complete one rep.