- 2 cups frosted animal cracker cookies
6 tablespoons butter, melted
8 ounces cream cheese
8 ounces mascarpone cheese
14 ounces sweetened condensed milk
3 tablespoons lemon juice
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
3 1/2 cups whipped cream, divided
Pink food coloring
Frosted animal cracker cookies, for garnish
- Pulse 2 cups of frosted animal crackers in a food processor until fine crumbs form. Combine crumbs with melted butter and press into the bottom of a springform pan. Place in the freezer for 5-10 minutes.
- In a bowl, combine cream cheese and mascarpone cheese and mix until well combined. Add the sweetened condensed milk and continue mixing on high for about a minute, scraping down the sides as needed. There should be a smooth consistency, with as few lumps as possible. Add the vanilla and lemon juice and mix again.
- Add 2 cups of whipped cream to the cream cheese mixture. Using low to medium speed, mix in the whipped cream until just incorporated.
- Remove the crust from the freezer and fill the springform pan with the cream cheese mixture, making sure to smoothing everything out. Refrigerate for 2-3 hours.
- Add pink food coloring to 1 cup of whipped cream and fold in gently until reaching the desired color. Refrigerate until set.
- Remove cheesecake from the refrigerator and spread the pink whipped cream over the top. Then gently remove the sides of the springform pan.
- Pipe remaining whipped cream in circles along the edge of the cheesecake and top each peak with an animal cracker. Garnish with nonpareils. Keep refrigerated until ready to serve.
- Desserts, Cheesecake
- 8-10 servings