Get ready for a throwback! This frosted animal cracker cheesecake will bring back memories of grade school snack time with its bright colors and abundance of sprinkles. The flavor is so light and sweet, you'll make this your go-to cheesecake recipe in no time. And the best part of all? It's no-bake and incredibly easy to make. Yum!
- 2 cups frosted animal cracker cookies
6 tablespoons butter, melted
8 ounces cream cheese
8 ounces mascarpone cheese
14 ounces sweetened condensed milk
3 tablespoons lemon juice
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
3 1/2 cups whipped cream, divided
Pink food coloring
Frosted animal cracker cookies, for garnish
- Pulse 2 cups of frosted animal crackers in a food processor until fine crumbs form. Combine crumbs with melted butter and press into the bottom of a springform pan. Place in the freezer for 5-10 minutes.
- In a bowl, combine cream cheese and mascarpone cheese and mix until well combined. Add the sweetened condensed milk and continue mixing on high for about a minute, scraping down the sides as needed. There should be a smooth consistency, with as few lumps as possible. Add the vanilla and lemon juice and mix again.
- Add 2 cups of whipped cream to the cream cheese mixture. Using low to medium speed, mix in the whipped cream until just incorporated.
- Remove the crust from the freezer and fill the springform pan with the cream cheese mixture, making sure to smoothing everything out. Refrigerate for 2-3 hours.
- Add pink food coloring to 1 cup of whipped cream and fold in gently until reaching the desired color. Refrigerate until set.
- Remove cheesecake from the refrigerator and spread the pink whipped cream over the top. Then gently remove the sides of the springform pan.
- Pipe remaining whipped cream in circles along the edge of the cheesecake and top each peak with an animal cracker. Garnish with nonpareils. Keep refrigerated until ready to serve.
- Desserts, Cheesecake
- 8-10 servings