- 4 tablespoons vegetable oil
1 medium onion, small diced
4 garlic cloves, minced
2 cans pinto beans, drained, liquid reserved
2 medium tomatoes, small diced
2 ripe avocados, pitted and scooped out of skin
1 to 2 pickled jalapeño chiles, minced
Juice of 1 lemon
1 cup grated cheddar cheese
1 cup sour cream
6 green onions, thinly sliced
6 ounces black olives, pitted and sliced
Salt, to taste
1 to 2 bags tortilla chips, for serving
- In a large pan, heat oil over medium-high heat. Add onion and garlic, and cook over low heat until translucent, about 5 minutes.
- Stir in beans, and cook for 3 minutes. Roughly mash with potato masher, adding reserved liquid if needed to aid in mashing.
- In a separate bowl, season tomatoes with salt, to taste.
- In another bowl, mash avocados with jalapeños and lemon juice. Salt to taste.
- In a glass casserole dish or aluminum casserole container, cover bottom with mashed beans. Top with cheddar. Then, spread avocado. Next, layer sour cream. Finally, sprinkle tomatoes, green onion, and black olives. Serve with chips.
- Appetizers, Dips
- North American
- 8 servings