Try this delicious appetizer of Almond Halloumi with friends. This comes recipe directly from the kitchen of Awani in Dubai's JBR which serves up classic Leventine and Armenian dishes.
- Halloumi cheese, cubed into 10 pieces
- 1 cup of flour
- 3 eggs
- 1 tsp white pepper
- 250g peeled and sliced almonds
- Vegetable oil / Sunflower oil for frying
- Cut the halloumi cheese into cubes and set aside.
- In a bowl, combine the eggs and white pepper and set aside.
- Pour the flour into a second bowl, and carefully coat each halloumi cube with flour.
- Next, dip the halloumi cubes into the egg mixture and coat with sliced almonds.
- In a medium hot pan, fry the cubes until the almonds look crispy and golden brown.
- Appetizers, Finger Foods
- Mediterranean/Middle Eastern
- Total Time
- 2 minutes, 59 seconds
Image Source: Awani restaurant