Make the traditional Viennese dessert, Apple Strudel, using the De'Longhi Multifry Multicooker Extra Chef Plus (AED1,299), a 4-in-1 machine that cooks, fries, grills and bakes.
- 1 Rectangular sheet of puff pastry
50g Pine nuts
Bread crumbs (to taste)
Ground cinnamon (to taste)
- Remove the paddle from the bowl.
- Soak the raisins in warm water for at least 30 mins.
- In the meantime, peel and core the apples and cut in thin slices. Pour the apples in a large bowl and add the raisins that have been squeezed dry.
- Add the cinnamon, sugar and pine nuts, mix together gently and let rest.
- In the meantime, roll the puff pastry out on a work surface with the baking paper underneath. Sprinkle with bread crumbs leaving a 2-3 cm border. Spread the apple mixture on top and roll the strudel up lengthwise.
- Be careful not to break the dough and seal the sides so the filling does not escape while baking. Put the strudel inside the bowl with the baking paper underneath.
- Close the lid, set the thermostat dial to position 3, press the bottom heating element button and press the on/off button.
- Cook for about 25 min. When finished cooking, sprinkle icing sugar over the strudel, slice and serve warm.