With seven apples in this recipe, it must be one of your 5-a-day right? Try making this Apple Tarte Tatin from Galvin Dubai restaurant.
- 40g Cream Fraiche
- 20g Salt caramel
- 1 Borage flower 1
- FOR THE APPLE TARTE TATIN:
- 7 Apples
- 115g Salted butter
- 130g Sugar
FOR THE APPLE TARTE TATIN:
- Line each mold with 115g salted butter and 130g sugar.
- Place 14 halves of apple around the dish sideways in.
- Caramelize on the stove placed on top of tin foil to stop dripping caramel from burning.
- Place pre-rolled puff pastry disc which has been docked several times on top of apples making sure the edge is tucked in.
- Bake at 165 degrees for 40 minutes.
- Open door and let out steam then bake for further 50 minutes.
- Turn out onto a plate and smooth down all apples to make tight and neat.
- Allow to cool the cut into 6.
FOR THE SALT CARAMEL SAUCE:
- Bring milk and split vanilla bean to a boil.
- Mix sugar and yolks together.
- Pour on boiling liquid, while stirring.
- Return to heat and cook until coats back of a spoon.
- Pass through fine strainer and chill over and ice bath until cold.
- Cut the apple Tatin and plate.
- Scoop ice cream and plate with a borage flower.