With branches in Qatar, Bahrain and Kuwait, Head Chef Mardiros Barsoumian, at Almayass Lebanese-Armenian Restaurant at Sofitel Downtown Dubai, shares his recipe for the delicious Bulgar Salad they serve.
Founded by the Alexandrian family in a charming old villa in Beirut in 1996, they have brands throughout the Middle East and New York.
- 1kg tomato, finely chopped
500g white onion, finely chopped
400g green bell pepper, finely chopped
500ml sunflower oil
100ml lemon juice
300g parsley, finely chopped
15g chili powder
250g white cracked wheat (bulgur)
- On low heat, fry the onion, tomato and bell pepper in sunflower oil.
- Add salt, lemon juice, parsley, chili powder and cracked wheat.
- Simmer gently for 25 minutes, and then take off heat.
- Serve cold.
- Mediterranean/Middle Eastern
- Total Time
- 24 minutes, 59 seconds