Try this Assedat Bobar Mousse recipe from contemporary Emirati restaurant Seven Sands in Dubai's JBR.
- For the coconut and honey biscuit:
- 250 gm whole eggs
- 125 gm brown sugar
- 150 gm honey
- 175 gm flour
- 5 gm baking powder
- 100 gm desiccated coconut
- 250 gm ghee melted
- For the Assedat mixture:
- 750 gm Assedat Bobar
- 125 gm honey
- Pinch of nutmeg powder
- 20 gm gelatin
- 375 gm whipped cream
- One scoop of vanilla ice cream
- Beat eggs, brown sugar and honey together
- Mix the dry ingredients - flour, baking powder & desiccated coconut and add them to the mixture.
- Finally add melted ghee.
- Pour over a 60x40 baking tray and bake @ 180°c for 15 minutes.
- Now for the Assedat mix; heat the Assedat Bobar, honey, and nutmeg powder to about 40°C and blend into a smooth paste.
- Add melted gelatin and fold in the whipped cream.
- Place honey and coconut biscuit into the 60x40 frame and pour Assedat mixture over it. Serve with Vanilla ice cream.
- Mediterranean/Middle Eastern
- Total Time
- 14 minutes, 59 seconds
Image Source: Seven Sands