With only 5.8g of net carbs, 2g of protein and 10.3g of fat, this Atkins diet Coconut Curried Pumpkin Soup recipe is the perfect dinner for those on a high protein eating plan. You get your fix of veggies without sabotaging your low carb goals.
- 5 oz Pumpkin (Without Salt, Canned)
1/4 tsp Garlic
2/3 tsp Curry Powder
1/4 tsp Salt
1/8 tsp Black Pepper
1/3 14.5 oz can Chicken Broth
5 fl ozs Tap Water
2/3 tbsp Unsalted Butter Stick
1/4 14 oz can Coconut Cream
1/3 small Onion
- Melt butter in a large saucepan over medium heat.
- Cook white onion until softened, 5 minutes.
- Add garlic, curry powder, salt and pepper and cook 1 minute more.
- Add broth, water and purée; mix well. Reduce heat to low.
- Cook, stirring occasionally, for 20 minutes.
- Stir in coconut milk.
- Purée soup in blender in several batches until smooth.
- Return to saucepan. Reheat and serve.
- Other Asian
- Total Time
- 29 minutes, 59 seconds