Avocado obsession is still going strong, and avocado-only restaurants like Avocaderia prove that it's not slowing down anytime soon. Just when you think you've seen it all, we're taking avocados to a whole new level by adding them to cupcakes — yes, cupcakes! And because avocado lattes are a thing, we've added espresso to the batter. These treats are chocolaty, light, and fluffy with just a hint of saltiness. We have a feeling they're going to be your favorite Summer dessert.
If you love these avocado cupcakes, you'll flip for this avocado chocolate pudding.
For the cupcakes:
1 1/2 cup flour
2 tablespoons cocoa powder
1 teaspoon baking powder
1 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon espresso powder
1 cup water
1/2 medium avocado
1 cup sugar
2 tablespoons brown sugar
1 tablespoon white vinegar
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
For the frosting:
1/2 medium avocado
2 tablespoons butter, room temperature
1 1/2 teaspoon lemon Juice
2 cups powdered sugar
1 avocado, peeled and sliced
Fleur de sel, or salt
- For the cupcakes: Preheat oven to 350°F, and prep a cupcake tin with liners.
- In a large bowl, combine flour, cocoa powder, baking powder, baking soda, and salt.
- In a small bowl, add espresso powder and water, and stir to dissolve.
- In a medium bowl, mash your avocado. Stir in sugar and brown sugar. Then add vinegar, vanilla extract, and espresso, mixing until smooth.
- Whisk liquid mixture into flour mixture until mostly smooth.
- Scoop batter into your cupcake liners. Bake for 20 minutes, or until toothpick test comes out clean.
- For the frosting: Using a stand or hand mixer, whisk avocado and butter until smooth. Then mix in lemon juice. Finally, mix in powdered sugar.
- To assemble: Pipe frosting onto completely cooled cupcakes and garnish with avocado slices and fleur de sel.
- 12 cupcakes
- Total Time
- 34 minutes, 59 seconds