Five-star hotel Le Gray in Beirut, Lebanon shares their recipe for this fruity New York-style Baked Cheesecake. With a much more velvety and dense bite in comparison to the non-baked kind, you'll be making use of your oven more often!
- 1500g cream cheese
- 12 whole eggs
- 500g sugar
- 1 whole lemon zest and juice
- 20g vanilla syrup
- 500g Digestive biscuit
- 150g butter
- To prepare the filling, mix together the cheese and the sugar until smooth.
- Add the eggs, lemon juice, zest and vanilla syrup to the cheese mixture and mix until smooth.
- To prepare the base, crush the digestive biscuit and pour over the melted butter and mix well until all the biscuits are coated.
- Spoon the biscuit mixture into 15cm loose-bottomed tin, place in the fridge to set.
- Pour the cheese mixture over the biscuit and spread then place into the oven and bake for 2 hours at 90 Celsius degrees/180 Fahrenheit.
- Take out of the oven, cool and refrigerate for 3 hours before serving.
- Decorate with raspberry jam and fresh red fruit.
- Total Time
- 2 hours