When you simply can't get enough savory in your life, this baked cheese recipe will save you during the holidays.
- 1 spinneysFOOD Christmas Cake
2 rounds Mont d’Or cheese
2 tbsp spinneysFOOD Honey
2 sprigs rosemary, leaves picked
4 tbsp spinneysFOOD Caster Sugar
zest and juice of 1 orange
- For the crackers, preheat the oven to 160°C, gas mark .
- Line a baking tray with baking paper. Slice the cake into 0.5cm-thick pieces, removing the icing. Arrange on the tray and bake for 45-60 minutes, turning halfway, checking towards the end to ensure the slices don’t burn. Transfer to a wire rack to cool and harden.
- Increase the oven to 200°C, gas mark 6. Use a knife to pierce the top of the cheese. Place on a baking tray and cook for 15-20 minutes, or until the inside is oozing.
- Meanwhile, combine all the berries, honey, rosemary, sugar, orange zest and juice and 2 tbsp water in saucepan set over a low heat. Simmer for 10 minutes then use the back of a spoon to crush the fruit to a jam-like consistency. Remove from the heat and cool slightly.
- Spoon over the baked cheese and surround with the Christmas cake crackers for dipping.
- Desserts, Cheese
- Total Time
- 1 hour, 19 minutes, 59 seconds
Image Source: Spinneys